From snowy days to cloudy days to sunny days, here’s a roundup of this week’s most interesting weather stats!
- Sunday, January 29, at 4pm ET, Denver, CO was warmer than Miami, FL! 60 vs. 58!
- On Sunday, January 29, Grand Rapids, MI recorded its seventh day in a row with complete cloudiness, AKA no direct sunlight.
- Helena, MT has had 40 days in a row with 4 inches or more of snow on the ground. This is the 9th longest streak on record!
- Albany, NY: On Tuesday, January 31, the city had already had more snow this season than ALL of last season! Snowfall for the season is up to 17.3″ at the Albany International Airport, which exceeds last seasons of 16.9″.
- Warmest day since November: Missoula, MT had a high of 43 on Monday, January 30th, making it the warmest day since November 25.
- Atlanta, GA made history yesterday, hitting their 11th 70-degree day of January!
- Charlotte, NC ended January as 11th warmest, Nashville, TN 5th warmest, Atlanta, GA as 7th warmest, Washington DC 12th warmest and their warmest January in 11 years.
- Cotulla, TX hit 91 degrees…. on February 1st!
- Twin Cities, MN: January 2017 was the 17th month in a row that the average monthly temperature was above normal
- Indianapolis, IN still sitting well below average for snowfall: Officially 1.7″ of snow in January. Least snowiest January in 19 years.
Do you live in any of the cities mentioned? If so, tell us in the comments below!