It was a busy week in weather! Check out the stats below.
- Monday, October 14th was the first day since May 15th to be below 60°. That’s 151 days!
- Nearly 5 million people were under wind advisories on Tuesday, October 15th in the northeast.
- The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids, MI described the weather on Wednesday, October 16th as “some of the worst conditions observed in many years” due to extremely strong winds and above-average water levels in Lake Michigan, among other factors.
- The northeast was extremely windy on Thursday, October 17th:
- 123 mph gust in Mt. Washington, NH
- 90 mph gust in Provincetown, MA
- 83 mph gust in Stony Brook, NY
- 70 mph gust in Boston, MA
- Over 200,000 people were without power starting Thursday, October 17th in Maine due to strong wind and storminess.
Watch The Weather Channel to get the scoop on what’s happening in your region and across the country!