What were the biggest events that happened in weather this week? Check out the stats below to find out!
- It was a stormy day in Florida on Monday, July 29. In fact, from 6p to 12:30a there were approximately 20,000 lightning strikes across the state!
- On Wednesday, July 31, in Tucson, AZ the time for the high (94°) & low (72°) temperature occurrence was separated by 88 minutes. High temperature at 1:35p, low temperature 3:30p.
- Boston, MA also experienced their high and low temperatures of the day within 90 minutes of each other on Wednesday, July 31. They hit 98° at 1:47p and 54° at 2:58p.
- There was record flooding in Greensboro, NC after 3-6″+ of rain on Wednesday, July 31.
- Kansas City, MO received 10” of rain in the span of 6 hours on Thursday, August 1.
Stay safe and informed of your region’s forecast by watching The Weather Channel.