Though the week is ending on a relatively calm note, it started out with a bang! Winter Storm Ulmer brought all kinds of weather across the country and at its worst, was described as a “frozen hurricane” by many meteorologists. Get the scoop on the biggest weather stats below!
- On Tuesday, March 12, the temperature in Fargo, ND jumped from 30° to 33°. This normally wouldn’t be a big deal, but it was the first time they’ve been above freezing in SIXTY-THREE days, which is good for the 8th-longest subfreezing streak on record.
- Cheyenne, WY: On Wednesday, March 13, the city received 14”, breaking the old daily record of 9.3” in 1973.
- This is now tied for the 4th snowiest calendar day of all-time! (Records date back to 1883)
- On Wednesday, March 13, Colorado Springs, CO had a wind gust of 97 mph. If winds were sustained, that would be the same level as a Category 2 hurricane!
- Due to all the moisture California has received this winter, the state is now drought-free after 376 straight weeks! Only 7% of the state has slightly abnormal dryness.
Watch The Weather Channel to see what you can expect for your weekend forecast!