We’re in the dead of winter, alright… Some places in the US had temperatures that dropped as low as the -40s! Take a look at the shocking weather stats from the week below.
- During the arctic blast behind Winter Storm Harper, Kabetogama, MI had an unbelievable temperature of -42° on Saturday, January 19. In addition, International Falls dropped to -38° and Duluth, MN had a wind chill of -37°.
- The temperature gradient in Massachusetts on early Sunday, January 20 was wild. It was 36° in Boston and 17° in Bedford, and the two cities aren’t even 20 miles away from each other.
- Nearly two-thirds of the U.S. had below freezing temps on the early morning of Monday, January 21:
- Under 32° = 65.2%
- Under 0° = 12.6%
- On Monday, January 21, it was confirmed there were up to 7 tornadoes from the severe side of Harper.
- In Caribou, ME on Monday, January 21, the officially broke their record for snowiest January on record! The 16.9” they received from Harper brought their total to 46.6”.
- Mt. Washington, NH gusted as high as 137 mph on the evening of Monday, January 21. Their wind chill as of the morning of Tuesday, January 22 was -52°F.
- As of Thursday, January 24, Kansas City, MO has received 8.2″ of snow this January. That makes it the second snowiest January in the 21st century… behind only 2011 when KC received 17.3″.
- The water at Clearwater Beach, FL rose 1.81 feet from 4:42 AM to 4:54 AM on the morning of Thursday, January 24 as a squall line passed through.
We hope you enjoy whatever weather comes your way this week! Come back next Friday to check out the week’s biggest weather stats.