The big weather story this week? Winter Storm Harper. It’s the first massive winter storm of the year and it’s bringing widespread impacts from coast to coast. Get the biggest stats from the storm (so far) below!
- Winter Storm Harper was officially named on Wednesday, January 16.
- From the beginning to the end of the storm, every single one of the lower 48 states will have seen rain and/or snow from Harper
- NWS Reno issued a blizzard warning for the city mid week. This is only the 5th Blizzard Warning from NWS Reno since 2008.
- Minneapolis, MN fell below 0° during Winter Storm Harper. That’s not all too surprising, but this was the first time they fell that low all winter season, which is the latest on record for them.
- Wind gusts were up to 132 mph on Wednesday, January 16 in Alpine Meadows, CA. The location is notoriously windy and holds the California state record for wind gust when a 199 mph was recorded on February 20th, 2017.
What sort of weather did you experience from Winter Storm Harper this week, or expect to experience this weekend? Tell us below!