Why Are We Being Forcefed Liana Brackett???

started by AmazedHuman, July 8, 2019
30 replies to this discussion

Oh come on…is TWC trying to tell us they have no other meteorologist available to be put on TV than Brackett? Every time I turn to that channel lately, there she is. At which time, I quickly turn to something else. Do try to find somebody else once in awhile, okay? Give us a break. We’re used to the best – and she isn’t it.

My mother said at least a few times ” She’d rather get a weather presentation from a man”  Caveat – she only watched the weather channel occasionally and she never listened to LB before she passed.

Actually, I’m rather on the side of your mother, bless her. The guys don’t find it necessary to wear tight-fitting, too short clothes, they don’t find it mandatory to have hair hanging in their faces, don’t find it a must-do to drape themselves in over-extended model poses to point at the weather map, or wear shoes so high they are in danger of tipping over. They simply give us the weather and weather related news. SO much better. There are some exceptions to the women with issues…Kelly Case, Jen Carfagno as examples, are always classy and just go professionally about their business of being meteorologists.

Can all of you please respect @liana-brackett, one of the coolest and sassiest meteorologists at The Weather Channel?!  Just because Liana delivers the weather differently at TWC does not that you should make fun of her.  If that is the way that Liana broadcasts the weather constantly on TWC, then so be it.  Liana, keep doing your thing.  I am jovial to watch you on TWC.  #lianamania 😀

Liana is great, maybe wardrobe choices aren’t always the best for TV but I really have no issue with how she delivers her presentations. She’s human just like you and me. 🙂

Not denying Liana is human…come on…and I’m not making fun of her…I’m simply saying TWC has much better meteorologists available and we’re seeing far too much of Liana. For me, she’s an exhibitionist at best and I only hang around on the channel – which I’m usually pretty much addicted to – when she isn’t on. Just saying…

I don’t mind Leanna at all, but I did agree with AmazedHuman about the bangs covering her eyes, but it looks like somebody told her to address it and she did. Otherwise I have nothing against her.

Please spell her name as “Liana“, whose name means “my God has answered” in Hebrew.  Thank you.  #lianamania 🙂

The outfit that @liana-brackett wore this morning on TWC made me contemplate her as TWC’s version of #SupergirlCW.  In fact, Liana would be #SuperLatina in my book.  #girlpower 😀

I’m a man, and I’ll take a force-feeding from her anytime! She IS The Weather Channel!

Are you kidding me, she’s hot, she’s intelligent, and quite frankly to ALL the old-fart nay-sayers in this forum, she’s the future!

GET OVER IT, and go back to your Denny’s or Cracker Barrel and keep-on with your stealing the creamers and sugar packets when your server is taking care of customers that actually leave a gratuity! smh

birdMan7

You nailed it, my guy. Who the hell really cares that much about someone’s wardrobe in a negative light? She’s doing her job, what she does isn’t harming anyone.

People trying to make something out of nothing — sickening.

Thank you.

Oh I say, Old Chap – Chaps – there are – and obviously this is a fact unnoticed by your sharp, keen eyes that see little else but a female in a short skirt being perfect for whatever job she’s doing at the moment – folks out here who really do care about wardrobes, class and…oh, you know, all that picky stuff.  Like my good friend in Jerseys says – he never pays attention to the female meteorologist until they are decently clothed. The shorter the skirt, the more cleavage offered, the less likely they are to know what the heck they’re talking about – or chances are there’s not all that much going on with the weather and they’re trying to divert attention from the fact that they’re simply offering nothing more than entertainment. But you go blithely ahead, being entertained by mediocrity. Some people are hardly capable of handling anything more than that. Or caring about anything more.

Ok but making an assumption over what someone is wearing and implying just because they wear clothing that might seem a bit skimpy doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re talking about. If that’s what you believe then that’s great! You’re certainly entitled to believe that. However, the fact of the matter is Liana knows what she’s talking about and if in the off chance she didn’t, do you think TWC would’ve hired her? Probably not.

Also women acting as “entertainment”, what the hell? Excuse me but these female meteorologists are not on TV for anyone’s entertainment… they’re on TV to disseminate what the current and future state of the atmosphere will be. Sorry to seem so upset, but I find that to be a terrible thing to think of them as.

Assuming now, are we?

Never once when I am watching The Weather Channel when Liana Brackett is on, that my undivided attention goes to how she presents herself, which apparently is all I notice.

I take issue with how your opinions attempt to be all-encompassing. “Why Are We Being Forcefed Liana Brackett?” No recant either when it’s evident that there’s some issue with what you said based on its reception.

Her meteorological knowhow is mutually exclusive to the way she wants to present herself. It is no fault of her’s that there are at least some men out there that would focus on something else but the weather. She would be in another industry if that was her intention, and she’s much an appreciator of weather as you and I, else she wouldn’t be there.

Your pomposity (dare I say, ole chap) positioning yourself as a more cultured and superior person does not help your case one bit. Could this be the issue of something deeper?

Amazed Human, take your sexist bs elsewhere. It takes a special kind of woman to attack other women, congrats on meeting that standard. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all.

I am a female meteorologist and I personally love watching Liana. She has grown by leaps and bounds since she came to TWC and continues to work hard. She is a model for any woman.

Oh get off your high horse, chanderski5. I don’t care what you are – a female meteorologist or what, it’s downright tiresome having someone drag out a worn out flag of either racist or sexist whenever someone expresses an opinion contrary to what you think. Are you trying to tell me that women should automatically embrace and admire every other woman, regardless of whether they think them inadequate or not up to par – just because they’re a woman? Are you being silly on purpose? As a woman, I can and do admire other women who are exceptional in their field – there are many really exceptional ones at the Weather Channel. I personally don’t think Liana is one. Doesn’t make my remarks sexist or anything of the sort. Makes me honest. She may appeal to those who prefer their meteorologist on the exhibitionist side. I don’t. Simple as that.

“Are you trying to tell me that women should automatically embrace and admire every other woman, regardless of whether they think them inadequate or not up to par – just because they’re a woman?”

So many logical fallacies. Let’s make sense of this.

No, not automatically. Male or female — there are losers and winners on each side.

Just because chandlerski5 likes ONE meteorologist, doesn’t mean she’ll like the rest, though I grant you many of the women who are on The Weather Channel do damn fine work. I can’t speak for her but I mean there are women she can disagree with — you, as a shining example of that.

From your earlier comment:

“Like my good friend in Jerseys says – he never pays attention to the female meteorologist until they are decently clothed. The shorter the skirt, the more cleavage offered, the less likely they are to know what the heck they’re talking about – or chances are there’s not all that much going on with the weather and they’re trying to divert attention from the fact that they’re simply offering nothing more than entertainment.”

This is disgusting and the very definition of sexism. I could never be a public-facing meteorologist exactly because of this. I would be trying to do my job, which is hard enough, yet people like you would focus on how fat or thin I am, what I am wearing, and act like this somehow bears on how intelligent I am. No meteorologist, male, female, public personality, animal, vegetable, or mineral deserves this treatment. You overstepped by putting your nasty opinions on here to begin with, then when people disagree with you and tell you to stop, you double down. Time for some self-reflection away from this forum.

Everyone, let’s focus on worse and genuine issues that plague The Weather Channel.

Bring back Local on the 8’s every :x8 of each hour… we need our local forecast.

And secondly, give us more national programming rather than the shows that have little to do with weather.

I know what I’m saying falls on deaf ears — but we should stop nitpicking and get down to the real issues.

Why does it matter who reports on TWC? I agree with SwornToBlack. Bring back the Local on the 8s to six times an hour. That’s more important than who reports the weather. It’s better than no meteorologists at all.

Liana Brackett was a beauty pageant. Why not respect her?

Liana Brackett won the title of Mrs. Georgia America 2018 and finished runner-up in the Mrs. America Pageant last year.  Liana represented not only the pageant industry but also meteorologists and did a damn good endeavor for both.  As Madonna would articulate, we should “respect herself”.  Comprende?  #girlpower #lianamania 😀

Oh my gosh…a lovely Wire Fox Terrier won the prestigious Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, too. A beautiful animal.. but winning that contest made that dog no more credible or capable of being a prize winning meteorologist than…well…let’s just say winning a beauty  contest cuts no ice with those of us who just want an intelligent, undramatic weather report given. And as far as Madonna saying anything about ‘respecting oneself’…geez, a mundane singer who is a perfectionist at marketing herself…hmmm, maybe it does connect, after all.

This person just compared a minority to a dog. WHY has she not been banned!? Are there no moderators here??

I think it’s very sad grown adults are trashing and bullying Liana. She is at TWC because she loves weather and loves her job. Be glad someone is there to tell you the weather rather than slandering her name.

Amen to that, Christian!  You should start the hashtag #WeStandWithLiana 😀 on Twitter and make it a worldwide trending topic.  #ILoveLianaonTWC 🙂

It sickens me to hear that people trash talk and harass meteorologists like @liana-brackett, just because of their name, ethnicity, or race.  Anyone who loves this malice is always a despicably despondent person.  Moreover, he or she has no tender heart.  #IStandWithLiana 🙁

Let’s just get over this 5hit. AmazedHuman has the right to have her own opinion, but it may not be a good idea to post it since 1) people are criticizing it and 2) an account impersonating AmazedHuman has been created.

Move on.

• Agree, having women reporting on national television is awesome, this thread is no big deal

Take down this impersonator @brandon_uffner @haleybrennan.

Reply to Why Are We Being Forcefed Liana Brackett???

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?