Weather and Ham Radio

started by W3TB, July 25, 2016
3 replies to this discussion

I am curious whether there are other ham radio operators in the forums.

I keep a rain tally and gauge for CoCoRaHS and make my daily reports from Williamsburg, VA.  I also monitor the Hurricane Watch Net when there is activity.

73 de W3TB and G0PWW, Ted

I’m Dan  N8WOB, in addition to weather and ham radio is also do amateur astronomy and a few other things that keep me busy.   I live near Marion Ohio where I am the current president of the Amateur Radio Club.  I also participate in SkyWarn activities through our local ARES program.  Its been a quite a quiet year here so far with the net only being brought up one evening for possible severe storms, but nothing happened. Thanks for posting and creating a ham radio and weather discussion on this site.  Dan

I’m not a Ham myself (though I have expressed interest in it) however I like to listen to Hams on my RadioShack scanner, especially during times of severe weather, I can hear Hams giving reports to the skywarn net, as well as storm reports from skywarn spotters who call in to the NWS office.

aloha from the best wx on the planet!

WH6EAO is my callsign. It has been a bit busy over this past weekend with TS Darby.  The Hawaii Skywarn Net was activated by the CPHC/NWS with net operators stationed at NWS.  Amateur Radio operators from each island participated over the course of the weekend.

mahalo (thank you) and good wx to you!

Odell – WH6EAO/WX

Reply to Weather and Ham Radio

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?