Tornados in Idaho

started by CMcVey, June 1, 2017
2 replies to this discussion

Hello, yes, I know what your thinking.  Tornadoes in Idaho?  Really?  Is that even possible?  YES!  I was living up there about 15 years ago, and the sky went green.  I knew that it was going to be an eventful time.  I was out on the front porch of the house I was living in at the time and about 1/8 of a mile, away, I was able to see lightning strike the ground.  After the thrill of the strike passed, I looked up and seen a funnel cloud directly above.  The people we were staying with denied it being one, but I knew for sure, it was a funnel cloud.  There was a very tight rotation, thankfully, it didn’t touch down.  Up there, no one really has storm cellars.  Not one, not two but three, yes that’s right, THREE tornados touched down near the Dworshak Reservoir.  Simple lesson about this?  When you think Mother Nature won’t do something in an area, she can and often will prove you wrong.  That day was very eventful and exciting at the same time.  Then again, I’m kind of funny that way.

So when i went downstairs i predicted the power would go out and our internet ant power went out after i said that and there was a funnel cloud forming over Shopko which is a store and the tornado sirens went off so i stayed downstairs and it was scary more than likely!

I can understand.  I was in Idaho when that happened.  It ended up lifting a shed that my dad and a few family friends were going to move.  They scattered and called it then to just get the h e double hockey sticks out of there.  I was also in Indiana when one came about five miles from us.  They were interesting, and yeah, I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie when it comes to weather like that.  I take precautions of course, but talk about some exciting things to talk about.

Reply to Tornados in Idaho

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?