September 11: Eighteen Years Later

started by AndyMoserWX, September 11, 2019
0 replies to this discussion

My precocious weather geeks, @stephanieabrams, @liana-brackett, @haleybrennan, @kcass, @dewpointdiva, and @alexwilson,

It is difficult to imagine that it has been eighteen years ago today since the malice, the catastrophe, and the horror took place on this September day.  I contemplate where and what I was doing on September 11, 2001.  I take time to email everyone I express my sentiments on this day every year.  For this year, I focus on how I pondered my actions on the day of and after the terror attacks.

I wept for the families who lost their loved ones.  I prayed for the people who survived.  I asked the Lord to look out for the people who sauntered out of the rubble.  I looked up to heaven for some answer and visualized me at what mattered the most.

I prepared to learn with my fellow classmates in school.  I felt guilty that some of my colleagues would not bother to check on me.  I felt alone in the cafeteria where I would endeavor to eat lunch.  I would have my aide call my mother to pick me up early.  The attacks were too much for me to handle, to watch, and to visualize.

Once I got home, I turned off my lights and closed my eyes.  I left my television off.  I endeavored to sleep in my bed the night after the attacks.  I clung tight to my family and thanked God that I had people to love.

As I compose my contemplations on this anniversary, I remember a famous articulacy from Alan Jackson for his accolade-winning anthem “Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)”?  Those lyrics reply, “Faith, hope, and love are some good things he gave us.  And the greatest is love.”

Please take time to remember, to pray, to love another, to be thankful, to meditate silently, and to ask where you were when the world stopped turning on that September day.  Thank you.  #NeverForget #Remember9112001

Reply to September 11: Eighteen Years Later

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?