Local on the 8s Thread

started by luesjo12, October 14, 2019
35 replies to this discussion

It would appear as if the other Local on the 8s thread is broken as all replies are now out of order as well as being full of unnecessary and irrelevant drama. Since I know LOT8s is important to many and many would like to see it come back to its full glory, I have started this thread should people want to offer their sentiments about Local on the 8s.

With that being said, I invite TWC to consider bringing back most of the LOT8s, but that’s just me.

What should I do? andymoserweather created a new account with the cereal box.

XXXTENTACION and TWC died last year, the latter because of Local on the 8s.

Some people can be reckless. If you would like my two cents, and I mean this with the utmost respect to The Weather Channel, people would be happier with longer Local on the 8’s forecasts for greater granularity and flexibility with how forecast information is presented. We could have more segments on screen in the presentation (like Traffic Flow information, allergies, forecast and conditions across the region). I think this would benefit The Weather Channel greatly.

You’re just a fake account trying to bully me with your cereal box. @brandon_uffner @haleybrennan please take down this account.

Nowhere in my post history have I bullied anyone, it is far from my intentions. I just want to talk about the weather.

Yeah, right. I’m asking this account be deleted. You are andymoserweather.

So what are your thoughts on the Local on the 8’s, past, present, and future?

My thoughts are: @brandon_uffner please delete the bully @mesocyclone. It is an impersonation, both about LOT8s and profile photo.

I created this thread to keep it from becoming a mess and it’s become one in less than 10 minutes. How sad.

Well, how should I deal with andymoserweather coming back?

You could just email someone about it, there really is no need to spam the entire community forums over something like this. Every thread is thrown off topic when you start spamming, which is why I started this thread.

I agree, luesjo12. ArsenalFan really likes to go off topic and prevent anyone from engaging in civil and rational discourse.

What do you like to see, personally, from the Local on the 8’s segment that can improve it for the better?

Yet another lie from andymoserweather, er I mean @mesocyclone. If you want his opinion, read on the original thread.

Please stop littering this post. This is a post about the Local on the 8’s. This is irrelevant, and quite frankly, borderline harassment. This is the only time I will tell you, as this is not my job to moderate you, I am just a community member who wants to talk about the weather.

Okay,  well I’m emailing the moderators and telling them you’re uploading the offensive cereal box again. I am not harassing you.

Then you would know better than to verbally abuse me like this!

Anyway, let’s get back to the Local on the 8’s. I thought the Getaway Forecast segment was great, as I travel on occasion. Knowing the weather ahead of time in regional areas keep me in the loop and I appreciated that.

Also it was a neat segment where it told me that record lows or highs were hit in a particular area. Neat little factoids like that I would like to see make a return.

• Don’t bully my man @arsenalfan. Don’t make up all these lies about “harassing”, “abusing” etc

Let’s bring this post back on track. Some people have also complained of SD The Weather Channel being unreadable. Perhaps this is an opportunity to redesign it for those people as well. Just throwing things out there.

• It looks like @andymoserweather has created a new account to bully @arsenalfan. I hope the moderators take it down soon

And @mesocyclone is acting like he is just a community member but the cereal box tells that he’s bullying @arsenalfan again

How does one delete a thread? I wanted to just try to start a productive thread so that it doesn’t become full of unnecessary drama but this one has become full of it.

Can we just stop the nonsense? What’s the point in getting upset over a dumb cereal box photo?? At this point, I’d say the direction of harassment has reversed. Complaining about non-issues by spamming in random topics will only make the environment here more toxic

• The cereal box is here to bully ArsenalFan again like andymoserweather did it, we need the moderators to take it down

The “cereal box guy” hasn’t even said anything against him on the new account. As a matter of fact, it seems like he’s actually trying to contribute to the forums at this point. This would have been a non-issue had it not been brought back up

No he is not. Remember andymoserweather? He uploaded that cereal box to make fun of me. It’s the same person.

I really hate to get in the middle of this, but a simple look at recent posts shows he isn’t the one causing chaos at this point. This would have been a perfectly normal thread had conspiracy nonsense not spread here

Yes he is! It is andymoserweather, who had that same profile photo. He did it again, since andymoserweather got deleted.

Let’s actually be real here: this thread did not need the nonsense thrown in here getting it off-topic. Regardless of what he did in the past, he shouldn’t be automatically banned just for getting an account. If he was a spambot or continued spreading garbage on the new account, I would support him getting banned. However, that simply isn’t the case. He actually contributed to the subject of the thread and I actually agree with him! Let people be unless they actually do something wrong (and no, posting a cereal box picture does not warrant police intervention. If you have a problem, just email a mod).

I never said legal action today. The cereal box is here to cyberbully me. I don’t care if he sounds productive. He needs to be banned.

Once again, @triplectwc, the account andymoserweather had the same cereal box as this new account. I don’t care if he sounds productive, I am getting a moderator such as @brandon_uffner.

And I need to go now. I’ll email him tonight. Until then, just ignore mesocyclone.

@triplectwc, I’m glad someone sees why I started this thread. It’d be nice if the We Love Weather mods can delete this thread or just clear it of the refuse.

Just remember: Until weloveweather.tv moderators delete mesocyclone, listen: The real truth about it is he is andymoserweather. This cereal box means he definitely is andymoserweather. He is not here to contribute to the forum. Andymoserweather bullied me.

Again, sorry if I’m bombarding you with notifications: @brandon_uffner @haleybrennan the account andymoserweather is back. The cereal box has been re-uploaded again, this time by @mesocyclone. Please erase the account, even if he seems productive, he’s mocking my soccer team again.

I really hope this doesn’t come across as harsh but I created this thread so we could have a productive thread about Local on the 8s, and you’re not helping nor adding to the productive nature I hoped for. You should just email We Love Weather’s mods and leave it be. I just want us all to talk about LOT8s minus the drama.

Thanks.

Very well said, luesjo12. I only hope ArsenalFan can be more mature and follow suit to getting on topic.

Aside from the fact @mesocyclone is wrong, completely, and needs to be erased, @luesjo12 wants this thread deleted. @haleybrennan @brandon_uffner

Alright now that the thread has calmed down, I can say this again. It would be nice if TWC could return LOT8s to the rest of the 8s like it was before. Thanks 🙂

Reply to Local on the 8s Thread

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?