Brief Interview?

started by ckielty, December 3, 2019
0 replies to this discussion

Hello!

I’m Caitlin Kielty. I am taking a meteorology course in school and an assignment is to interview a meteorologist! I was wondering if anyone on this site would be willing to answer eight questions I have prepared so that I can document your answers and learn a little more about your job and all that it entails, and take a better look at the careers that studying meteorology can lead to! I will include the questions below, if you’d like to answer them right off the bat, but if you’d rather ask me a couple of questions first, I would be happy to answer!

Thank you in advance for helping me with this project.

Here are the questions I have for you! The first 6 are general questions assigned by my teacher, but the last two relate to information that I, personally, find interesting:

What motivated you to become a meteorologist?

How is the pay? Where is the “big money” in meteorology?

What is the training and/or education necessary to become a meteorologist? How many years of college does it take?

Any specific insights into the study of meteorology?

What is your most interesting career-related event or incident?

What is your favorite type of weather and why?

In your job, do you tend to work in a team of other scientists, or is the job largely independent?

What is the most difficult part about being a meteorologist? Do you have any advice for someone seeking a career in meteorology?

Reply to Brief Interview?

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?