A Very Wet Weekend For Mid Michigan

started by CathieU, March 28, 2020
0 replies to this discussion

Light rain began late last night and continued throughout the night.  There was 0.88″ in my gauge at 8:30 AM.  Some areas reported thunder but none here that I know of.  We continue to have light rain as I type this, and it is expected to continue into tomorrow.  It has been a while since we had a good rain, so I guess we do need it.  Temperatures will continue to be quite mild, and there are no extreme cold air masses moving our way.  I think it is safe to say that any significant snowfall is over for the season.

Our 9:30 AM temperature is 41°F (5°C), the humidity is 99%, and skies are overcast with light rain.  Winds are from the ESE at 2-9 mph.  The pressure is 29.62 in (1003.1 mb) and steady.  Visibility is 5 miles and the dew point is 41°F (5°C).  Yesterday’s high was 55°F (13°C) and the overnight low was 40°F (4°C).  Average temps for this date are 47°F / 30°F.   Sunrise was at 7:24 AM and sunset will be at 7:58 PM.

DURAND / OWOSSO FORECAST:

Today
      Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 53. East wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
      Tonight
      A chance of rain and thunderstorms, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm after 7pm. Temperature falling to near 50 by 9pm, then rising to around 56 during the remainder of the night. East wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
      Sunday
      Rain likely, mainly after 2pm. Increasing clouds, with a temperature falling to around 49 by 4pm. Windy, with a southwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
      Sunday Night
      Rain likely before 8pm. Cloudy, with a low around 40. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 17 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Reply to A Very Wet Weekend For Mid Michigan

X

Join the We Love Weather Community

You’re trying to access an exclusive feature–and trust us, you don’t want to miss it!

• Access Exclusive Content
  • Receive Weekly Newsletters
  • Post Your Weather Photos
  • Participate in Our Forums
  • Create Your Own Profile

What are you waiting for? It only takes a minute to join!

Already a member?